TERMS AND CONDITIONS-INDIVIDUALS
User agreement for home searcher and landlords, private person. Landlord terms & conditions is listed at the bottom of the page.
Valid and updated as of May 23, 2017
This agreement is between Residensportalen AB, Org. No. 556652-6074, hereafter called RP and the person registering for the service "home search", hereafter called searcher. Once the activation fee has been paid the service is active for 60 days at www.residensportalen.com The agreement shall be in force for any further purchases through this account on www.residensportalen.com
- The searcher will have to be of legal age to register and enter into this agreement.
- The searchers will have to pay an activation fee after registration (free to register an account to see what is available) to activate the tools and contact the landlords, After payment all tools within the portal will be available such as booking property viewings through chat, getting early e-mail alerts, etc. This administration fee will give you limitless use of the system for 60 days.
- Searcher allows RP to archive searcher's personal details in the database on www.residensportalen.com.
- Searcher permits RP to gather credit information about Searcher from credit rating institutions and make this information available to through www.residensportalen.com registered landlords upon request.
- The activation fee will give the searcher access to the tools and other services available when logged in on www.residensportalen.com.
- Searcher will through registering gain access to searching the database of homes available for rent. Landlords' contact details, street address and the availability to book viewings will only be available after paying the activation fee.
- Any information about the services and the content of the database is for the personal use of the Searcher or a third party who is immediately involved in the home search, e.g. wife, husband, co-habitant, etc. Should information be distributed by Searcher, unwittingly or on purpose, it will result in an immediate ban from using the service and a fine of SEK 30 000 per occasion. RP also reserves the right to demand damages for possible losses to the business superceding the above mentioned fine.
- The contact relayed between the Searcher and a potential landlord as furnished by www.residensportalen.com, shall not be construed as a brokering service. No further charges apply unless Searcher orders add-on services available after registration.
- RP will not be held liable for any false or incorrect information supplied by a Landlord, nor any disputes resulting from such erroneous information. The landlords are themselves responsible for the information provided by them. All communication about Premium properties much be done through RP and those owners cannot be contacted directly.
- RP cannot guarantee that a home will be found and rented after paying the activation fee.
- RP reserves the right to without notice change this agreement. When a searcher logs in to their account they submit that they approve the agreement in force at that particular time.
- Searcher is responsible for giving correct details about themselves or co-habitants. Since verbal agreements are binding, it is imperative to be sure when searcher wants to rent a property. Once searcher asks a property to be taken off the market and that searcher wants to rent it, a verbal agreement is in place and searcher can be liable for rental payments should searcher change its mind.
- If a private search profile is used to find housing for a company, a fine will be levied of SEK 15.000 to be paid to RP. A private searcher may not at any time offer a corporate tenant to a landlord with a private search account.
- All sales are final since the service commences upon payment.
Term of agreement
This agreement is open-ended and will only be terminated upon request from either party. The activation, after paying the fee, is in force for 60 days from the day RP is in receipt of the fee.
- RP reserves the right to immediately cancel this agreement if:
- Searcher has distributed information about the service and the contents of the database to any third party without prior written permission.
- Searcher has deliberatly left false information and in any way abused the system or services.
Should any of the above apply the result will be an immediate ban of the Searcher from using the service and a fine of SEK 30 000 per occasion. RP also reserves the right to demand damages for possible losses to the business superceding the above mentioned fine.
- Once the activation fee has been paid the activation cannot be put on hold and no refund is given if the Searcher does not use the service during the 60 days the service is active. No refunds will be given if the Searcher has failed to gain a rental contract through www.residensportalen.com.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact RP's customer service.
Advertisement and user agreement for landlords
Valid and updated as of May 23, 2017.
This agreement is between Residensportalen AB, Org. No. 556652-6074, hereafter called RP and the person or legal entity registering for the purpose of advertising a home for rent through www.residensportalen.se/com hereafter called advertiser.
Terms of advertising.
- RP allows the advertiser to register a user account and thereafter homes to be marketed for rent. Each advertisement will have to be approved by RP in order for it to be activated. The terms of purchasing add-on services are agreed on a separate ad hoc basis. The advertiser guarantees that the homes are either owned by the advertiser or the advertiser has power of attorney from the actual owner to act on the owner's behalf. If the home is rented the advertiser will have to be the tenant of the owner or have power of attorney from such person to act on their behalf.
- RP markets the database of properties on www.residensportalen.se/com to a variety of potential tenants. If the advertiser agrees with RP to have RP administer and broker the rental (designated "RP Premium" home), the advertiser's contact information will be hidden and replaced by RP's. All contact is then administered through the letting agents at RP. All other advertiser's contact information will be made available to the users searching for a home. RP reserves the right to market the advertiser's homes through other channels that have a similar practice to RP. This will allow the advertiser to broaden their market.
- If a home is designated a "RP Premium" home RP will adminster the contact and brokering of the home on the advertiser's behalf, all contact between the advertiser and the searcher will be done through the letting agents at RP. This is normally done though phone or e-mail.
- If a home is designated a "RP Basic" or "RP Plus", the advertiser's contact information will be made available to a registered and paying home searcher in the advertisement, only to the category of searcher the advertiser has designated as desirable tenants.
- RP makes information available to the advertiser about the process and other aspects of rentals, but it is the advertisers responsibility to keep updated on responsibilities and the role of a landlord. Swedish rental law is the platform and legal framework that govern the relationship between a landlord and a tenant. Please click on the link below to access the legal texts (Jordabalken Kap 12):
http://www.notisum.se/rnp/sls/lag/19700994.HTM#K12P39. The advertiser also has complete control and responsibility for any information published by the advertiser through www.residensportalen.se/com and RP.
- If applicable, it is the advertiser's responsibility to seek the necessary permissions for subletting the home, i.e. from the building association ("Bostadsrättsförening), landlord (rental apartment) or Rental Tribunal (Hyresnämnden). RP assumes that such permission, at least verbal, has been secured when registering the advertisement. RP has the right to contact the "bostadsrättsförening" to verify ownership and permission to sublet.
- RP never becomes a party to an agreement between a landlord and a tenant and does not assume any responsibility for the agreement between the parties. The landlord may not ask searchers for money up front before a contract is signed by both parties. Misuse of RP in order to engage in criminal behavior will be duly prosecuted.
- The advertiser is responsible for all the information provided for the advertisement. The advertisement may not contain discriminating, derogatory, profane, or any other information that can be construed as offensive to the general public or specific groups or minorities. Advertisments that are not deemed apropriate will be removed without notice and at the will and discretion of RP. The advertiser will, during the period of advertising receive e-mail alerts from www.residensportalen.se/com with requests to update the advert. If the instructions are not followed the advertisment may be marked as "rented" and thus no longer available.
- If the advertiser wishes to remove personal information from the database, we will inactivate your account and hide it from other users. We cannot permanently delete your information.
RP reserves the right to without notice change this agreement and at the time an advertiser logs in to the account, it is assumed that the advertiser agrees with the agreement in force at that particular time.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact RP's customer service.